As an SAP project manager, you’re probably familiar with some well-known success factors, like appointing dedicated project teams, defining integrated end-to-end business processes, setting up a clear governance structure, training the organisation, providing templates and much, much more. In addition to those traditional success factors, there are some things you can keep in mind to successfully deliver an SAP S/4HANA project.
Use SAP Activate, the SAP recommended framework that includes a methodology, best practices, guided configuration and lots of tools like templates and project plans. Jump start guaranteed!
- Consider using the SAP Model Company or activating the SAP Best Practices: it will accelerate the process and make sure you have a system available for demos and workshops.
- Provide tools for project planning, requirement management, testing and project follow-up, like SAP’s recommended SAP Solution Manager.
- Go for a hybrid approach with agile and scrum elements in the realisation phase and make sure the project team and organisation are on board from the start.
- Consider the rollout of the Fiori UX a priority: a clear UX vision is important to support the end users and get their buy-in.
- Do not underestimate the importance of governance risk control. The setup of authorisations is more complex, synchronisation between back end and front end should be guaranteed and it is key to provide a clear workspace for different users.
- Allow for change management and prepare for process changes.
- Make the system available during the exploration phase. This will allow you to involve key stakeholders in workshops and demos, to define requirements and GAPs faster.
About SAP S/4HANA
SAP S/4HANA is considered to be the core of the intelligent enterprise that will take SAP ERP to the next step, thanks to the number of new user experiences and functional capabilities. For example, the Fiori interface is more intuitive than ever, the role-based front end creates a clear workspace for the user and SAP S/4HANA is available anywhere, anytime.